Regional Building Society
Sector: Financial Services
- A regionally based, financial services business, with over 1,000 staff employed in various Head-office, administrative and customer-service, call-centre functions. The office runs a typical 9-5 working day with some extended hours for call-centre operations, but no weekend working.
- Footprint of 13,600 m2 / 146,389 sq.ft.
- 1MW peak electrical capacity – mostly servicing heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) load.
- Modern Building Management Systems and Controls in place
Demand Side Response Strategy
- Turn down supply and extract fans on 15 x AHUs by 66%.
- Reprogramme Duty Cycle Air Compressor: 7.5 mins on/22.5 mins off.
- Adjust set points by 3°C on 2 x main chillers
Peak electrical capacity
9am – 5pm
CO2 reduction over 5 years
Financial benefit over 5 years
|No negative impact on comfort conditions of occupants.|
|No capital outlay for the building society.|
|Additional cost savings from plant optimisation.|